The E-Commerce Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is responsible for accurately processing all online orders placed through GenscoCustomer and the Gensco App. The position works closely with local Branch and Sales teams to ensure customer expectations are met, as well as identify best practices, process improvements, and website enhancements to improve the customer service experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Customer Service:
a. Provide excellent customer service by treating all customers fairly and honestly and with a can-do attitude.
b. Process orders accurately and within the minutes of the order coming in.
c. Notify customers immediately of any back ordered items or issues concerning their order by phone, text, and follow up emails.
d. Properly resolve customer service issues as soon as you are aware of them.
e. Work directly with local branch teams to ensure time sensitive and special request orders are fulfilled and meet customer expectations.
a. Develop and maintain a high level of HVAC product knowledge.
b. Provide solutions and recommend product substitutions to resolve stock outages.
c. Recognize errors in product compatibility and alert the customer.
d. Learn customer buying patterns in order to catch errors and identify new sales opportunities.
e. When appropriate, apply “up-selling” and “add-on” selling strategies.
f. Inform customers of new products, sales specials, promotions, and upcoming training sessions.
g. Inform the Gensco Outside Sales Representative and local branch of any Customer service issues or sales opportunities to follow up on.
a. Develop and maintain a strong understanding of customer-branch assignments, TDC stock truck schedules, branch delivery territories, daily routes, and loading/unloading capabilities.
b. Communicate at a high level with Branch teams to coordinate customer delivery requests.
c. Ensure all branch online order portals are clear each day.
d. Maintain appropriate documentation of active orders and communicate changes such as scheduling, partial shipments, and any cancellations.
• High school diploma or GED required
• 1+ years industry experience or equivalent knowledge preferred
• Working knowledge of products sold and product application
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Able to handle multiple activities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage details and meet deadlines with 100% accuracy
• Superior Customer service-oriented approach, respond to requests with a sense of urgency
• Proactive, self-motivated, able to recognize issues and resolve or escalate appropriately
• Must be comfortable working in a team oriented, fast paced, multiple task, and Customer focused environment
• Demonstrated success in working independently and in a team setting
• Willing to “think outside of the box” and identify process improvement opportunities
• Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems for desktops and server