-Responsible for managing the day-to-day warehousing, delivery, and customer service functions of a Branch Warehouse.
-Responsible for team building, implementing continuous education processes for all Branch team members, establishing objective and measurable goals, and clearly communicating these goals and standards to Branch team.
-Maintain a positive, helpful attitude toward fellow Team Members and customers.
-Suggest and implement improvements in warehouse cost management, best practices, and operational process design and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Customer Service:
- Role model for excellent customer service by treating all customers fairly and honestly.
- Ensure the Warehouse Team delivers the following customer service standards with a welcoming manner:
- Customers are greeted as they arrive and promptly helped.
- Customers come first, not paperwork or discussions with other Team Members.
- Orders are written and pulled accurately.
- Customers are thanked for their orders.
- Will calls pulled before the customer arrives.
- Customers are given assistance in loading will calls onto their trucks.
- Orders are delivered on time.
- Product is given to customers free of damage.
- All Warehouse Team Members are friendly and helpful with a “can do” attitude.
- All customer issues are resolved by the end of the following business day.
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided to other Gensco branches.
2. Warehouse Operations:
- Comply with Company Standard Operating Procedures and maintain safe work practices and security, including:
- All Team Members are properly trained in product and operating procedures.
- Warehouse is clean, neat, safe, and organized.
- Warehouse has appropriate layout, and product and storage location systems and labeling are properly implemented.
- Items are kept in their proper storage locations.
- Stock truck receiving is done and all stock put away by 7 am.
- Local Branch truck deliveries are ready by 7 am.
- All safety meetings are held on time and the Team works in a safe manner.
- Cycle counting is completed 100% each month.
- Inventory accuracy meets standards.
- Ensure accurate Bin Locations.
- Work with Branch Manager to ensure all open orders are resolved within 60 days.
- Team Members follow the word and spirit of Gensco policies and SOPs.
- Equipment and vehicles are kept clean and properly maintained.
- Work with Branch Manager to ensure disputed invoices are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure freight and warranty claims are resolved in a timely manner.
- Slow moving and discounted value inventory is disposed of in a timely manner.
- Proper security is in place to prevent theft or damage to company property.
- Act as a working supervisor, completing general warehouse tasks as needed.
- Manage Warehouse daily operations:
- Ensure all Warehouse paperwork is completed properly.
- Ensure required Team Member timekeeping is done, including the approval of regular, overtime, vacation, sick, and other time off hours.
3. Warehouse Team Member Development:
- Recruit, hire, and train Team Members meeting company standards.
- Team is composed of 100% top notch people; those not meeting standards are promptly coached and/or disciplined as appropriate.
- Manage Team Member performance fairly and consistently.
- Ensure all Team Member performance reviews are conducted on schedule, with no late reviews.
- Proactively set goals and expectations for Warehouse Team Members.
- Ensure cross training and career development tools for continuous learning are utilized throughout Warehouse.
- Coach, counsel, and appropriately respond to Team Members on issues affecting job performance, company standards, and career development.
- Develop “bench strength” for all positions within the Warehouse to provide Team Member opportunity and smooth transitions when vacancies occur.
- Prepare required and appropriate documentation for Team Member personnel actions.
- Ensure Team Member compliance with company policies.
- Work with Branch Manager to manage Warehouse expenses to meet established goals, specifically:
- Compensation is in compliance with established guidelines.
- OT is less than 3% of total hours paid for the fiscal year.
- Warehouse and delivery costs and related equipment and vehicles utilization and maintenance are managed appropriately.
- Manage Warehouse administration costs appropriately.
- Review monthly income and expense statement with Branch Manager and take appropriate actions needed to achieve desired objectives.