Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Customer Service:
a. Be a role model for excellent customer service by approaching customer credit in a positive
and professional manner.
b. Be welcoming and friendly to all customers and treat them fairly and honestly.
c. Promptly conduct required customer credit analysis and provide this information to Gensco
d. Respond in a timely manner to customer related issues as requested by Gensco Credit
2. Customer Credit:
a. Respond to customer billing questions and research customer payment disputes.
b. Respond to customer requests such as:
• Requests for credit references.
• Refund requests.
• Write sales tax credits upon request.
• Set up customer cash and credit accounts.
c. Pull all supporting documents on new & existing accounts. i.e.: contractors licenses & business
d. Pull Credit Reports when requested.
e. Set up new shopper requests (genscocustomer.com), job accounts, note accounts and order
preliminary notes for job accounts.
f. Maintain Lien Research Files.
g. Update changes upon request to Customer Maintenance Files.
h. Maintain customer contacts in P21 and maintain in P21 EPA card information.
i. Add customer notes on account upon request.
j. Convert Credits to Merchandise Credits for COD customers.
k. Complete Lien Releases upon request with direction and approval of Credit Managers.
l. Write off disputes and service charges per Credit Manager Requests.
m. Future date invoices at Credit Manager Request.
n. Upon request from Credit Managers, apply credits to debits, issue customer refunds, and
appropriately adjust off the credits in P21 and complete the Customer Refund Request for A/P.
o. Upon instruction from a Credit Manager, you may place Customers on credit hold or COD
terms, set up payment terms, or change payment terms.
p. Communicate with Sales and Branches concerning invoice reprints, missing invoices,
statement reprints, proof of deliveries, updates on customer information in P21.
q. Email upon request from the customer or Gensco Team Member payment ledgers, orders,
sales history, and/or cash receipts history.
r. Enter Reseller Permits in P21 and scan into the customer document files.
s. Assist in month end and past due reminders.
t. Request Trade References for Credit Managers when requested.
u. Take bankcard info over the phone for payments and remit information to Corp A/R for
v. On request of Credit Managers, update TValue for Note Accounts.
w. Assist customers with getting set up and usage of online bill pay through Gensco Customer.
2. Accounting Tasks:
a. Assist Controller in processing and reporting on 3rd party collection actions.
b. Maintain a monthly status report of accounts in collection status.
c. Establish Gensco “Inventory Stocking Accounts” when directed by the Controller. Insure that
all required documentation is in place and maintain a monthly updated “master list” of Gensco
• College degree preferred.
• Related experience preferred.
• Desire to work directly with customers with a customer service-oriented approach and respond
to requests with a sense of urgency.
• Demonstrated ability to manage details and meet deadlines with 100% accuracy in a multi-task
• Proactive, self-motivated, able to recognize issues and resolve or escalate appropriately.
• Able to work as a member of a team and promote teamwork.
• Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize and follow through.
• Positive approach toward challenging situations.
• Able to operate computer terminal, calculator, and other office machines and proficient in
personal computer word processing, spreadsheet, email programs.
• Able to work sitting or standing and to move freely throughout the facility.