-Perform a variety of accounting functions.
-Provide excellent internal and external customer service by treating them fairly and responding to them in a timely manner – at least within one business day.
Duties and Responsibilities:
a. Assist with maintaining Gensco’s accounting records, ensure proper accounting and coding of the general ledger, and maintain appropriate supporting documentation.
b. Assist in the preparation of Gensco’s monthly and annual financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows).
c. Complete monthly and quarterly general ledger reconciliations and research variances
d. Support the Controller in applicable state and local tax filings (excise, sales, property, etc.)
e. Assist with Debit Memo and Freight Claim processing, tracking, and reporting and monitor their resolution to ensure Gensco collects all amounts due.
f. Continually assist with financial and operational reporting enhancements.
g. Perform daily reconciliation of banking activity with Gensco’s financial records including reconciliation of benefit plan payments and funding requests. Bring any unusual items to the Controller’s attention.
h. Prepare executive and departmental management reports and assist in research as needed.
i. Perform or assist with Gensco’s Fixed Asset accounting, including obtaining appropriate approvals for purchases, tracking quote price versus actual price, and perform monthly depreciation accounting tasks.
j. Track and report Gensco’s charitable donations and maintain required file of formal acknowledgement by qualified charity.
2. Accounting Department Support:
a. Assist with managing 3rd party collection efforts of account receivable including helping with preparation of notes receivable and note amortization schedules.
b. Assist with tracking “offsite” inventories.
c. Assist with coordinating Gensco’s physical inventories
d. Assist with managing Gensco’s COOP expense claim process to ensure prompt and accurate filing and subsequent collection from vendors.
e. Coordinate efforts to maintain Accounting Department SOP’s and post to genscoteam.com as well as actively work on the Accounting Department’s process improvement efforts.
f. Assist in Accounting Department report preparation activities.
g. Perform requested analysis or investigation of account activity or unusual items.
• Four year accounting degree required
• CPA or CMA certificate preferred
• Functional knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting processes and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to manage details and meet deadlines with 100% accuracy in a multi-task environment
• Customer service-oriented approach, respond to requests with a sense of urgency
• Proactive, self-motivated, able to recognize issues and resolve or escalate appropriately
• Strong people skills, recognize when to use formal or informal approach, not easily intimidated, accessible, ability to say “no” in a firm but polite manner
• Willing to “think outside of the box” and identify process improvement opportunities
• High degree of honesty, ethics, and integrity with prior work experience handling confidential information preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), particularly Excel
• Works effectively in a Team environment
• Communicates clearly and effectively
• Able to work sitting or standing and to move freely throughout the facility
• Able to lift and carry equipment and supplies on a frequent basis.