-Accountable for all processes that pertain to timely payment of Accounts Payable vendors. Accurately process, audit, document and communicate payment to vendor accounts.
-Provides excellent internal and external customer service by treating customers fairly and responding to them in a timely manner – at least within one business day.
Duties and Responsibilities: (may perform one or more of the following)
1. Accounts Payable
a. Receive vendor invoices, check requests, expense reimbursement forms via:
• Inter-company distribution
b. Prior to payment of accounts payable items:
• When applicable, stamp original accounts payable item with receipt date to minimize chance of duplicate payment.
• Ensure proper approval for payment.
• Ensure proper account distribution code.
• Resolve “disputed” account payable items.
• When information is insufficient or unclear investigate and follow up to ensure propriety.
c. Enter appropriate accounts payable data into computer and prepare check payments on the 3rd, 10th, 17th and 25th of each month (or nearest business day).
d. Review the check payments prior to distributing/mailing checks.
e. Review and reconcile vendor statements.
f. Enclose require remittance material with check.
g. Investigate and respond to inquiries from vendors and Team Members concerning accounts payable transactions.
h. Electronic Data Interchange – “EDI”.
i. Direct Ship Confirmation
• Upon receiving a vendor invoice for a “direct shipment” review the original Gensco sales order to ensure:
• The Gensco Purchase Order matches the Vendor Invoice and resolution of discrepancies in quantity, cost, freight and/or additional charges.
• The proper approval and coding of vendor invoice for payment.
• Perform the required “shipment confirmation” of the Gensco “Direct Sales Order” to invoice the customer.
2. Accounting Support
a. Provide assistance in performing or helping out with non-specifically assigned Accounting Team duties and responsibilities during times of peak workloads.
AP Specialist 2 7/31/19
b. Invoice Customers for approved marketing and sales supports and prepares Debit Memo to vendor for co-op or other cost sharing arrangements.
c. Process extended warranty applications from customers, orders extended warranty from vendor and invoices customer for extended warranty.
d. Perform corporate office receptionist and phone answering.
e. Assists with Debit Memo resolution including tracking, reporting and monitoring their resolution to ensure Gensco collects all amount due.
f. Coordinate processing of invoices for branch telecommunication expenses to ensure proper coding
g. Perform specific accounting support and analysis tasks using Excel.
h. Perform other support tasks such as word processing, copying, filing, mail distribution, scanning documents for record retention, report binding and distribution, shareholder and manager meeting support, etc.
k. Investigate and respond to appropriate inquiries about accounting transactions within one business day.